Essential Duties entail (but not limited to)
- Maintain a portfolio of corporate and individual major gift donors and personally conduct cultivation visits, solicitation calls and stewardship activities.
- Support the delivery of the major gift program with an exemplary donor-centric stewardship program, delivering ongoing communications materials that demonstrate impact and accountability.
- Prepare proposals and applications for CNIB Foundation Program funding.
- As instructed by the Senior Manager, serve as a spokesperson and represent CNIB at various community functions.
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in non-profit management, programming and philanthropy.
Donor Acknowledgement and Recognition:
- Develop, review and update standardized thank you letters for all categories of gifts.
- Provide Regional teams with standardized donor event materials, including invitations, event check lists, briefing notes templates, and other materials as required for regional donor recognition events.
- Work with communications team to develop and update provincial donor e-wall and social media recognition.
- Develop standardized stewardship reports and work with philanthropy team and communications teams to ensure consistency among various stewardship materials, providing proof reading services as required.
- Ensure that details of recognition and stewardship plans and gift agreements are documented and included in the moves management system.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Works directly with Senior Manager, Philanthropy to develop strategies and execute various initiatives.
- Liaise and build relationships with existing and prospective donors to secure philanthropic and volunteering commitments.
- Liaises with board members, philanthropy staff, marketing and communications staff, rehabilitation staff, foundation program's staff, volunteers, donors, and other key internal/external stakeholders.
Problem Solving/Time Frame of Impact:
- Ability to provide creative solutions to complicated problems in a timely manner.
- Works collaboratively with the Philanthropy team to maintain the processes as outlined in the Donor and Sponsor Recognition Guidelines.
- This position works under the general direction of Divisional policies and standards. The incumbent has latitude in making decisions on routine tasks.
- Consults with supervisor on issues that are more complex and that may require upper level approval.
- Provides leadership in training volunteers.
- Takes initiative to keep abreast of ongoing and new information in philanthropic trends as it pertains to donor relations and stewardship activities and initiatives.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and database computer applications including Raiser’s Edge or another CRM.
- Superior relationship building skills, including the ability to relate effectively with people at all levels both internal and external to CNIB.
- Exceptional writing and presentation skills, and the ability to effectively communicate to a diverse constituency.
- Familiarity with comprehensive fundraising functions and regulations
- A results-oriented focus, a driven attitude and an entrepreneurial approach to fundraising and problem solving.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Strong customer and donor-relations skills, including a proven ability to develop and maintain relationships and exercise discretion in interacting with donors, volunteers and stakeholders.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Professional attitude, self-starter and adapts to fast paced environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines and determining priorities.
Experience and Education:
- University degree or College diploma in marketing and communications/business administration or related field.
- Minimum 5 years related experience in a not-for-profit fundraising organization.
- Demonstrated experience writing donor relations funding proposal and stewardship materials.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Experience coordinating events.
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Willingness to travel
- Willingness to be a passionate advocate for CNIB and those we serve.
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact email@example.com
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.