12-Month Contract, Toronto ON
CNIB is looking for a Specialist, Labour Relations to enhance the organization's growth by supporting the delivery of human capital initiatives for both staff and volunteers in collaboration with business leaders. In this role, you will support the success of our Ontario division by providing insightful people consultation and Human Resource/Labour Relations administration in a unionized environment. This position will be based in our Toronto Bayview office and will report directly to our Sr. Manager, Human Resources & Labour Relations.
Your impact at CNIB
- You will work closely with our Sr. Manager, Human Resources and Labour Relations to provide strategic human resources and labour relations guidance and support to our Ontario division
- You'll provide advice and direction to all levels of management on the interpretation of the collective agreement, legislation, and organizational policies
- You will enhance and promote a healthy work environment by recommending best practices and sharing strategies with Ontario division leaders
- Collective agreement administration, grievance and issue management, union/management relations – you'll be a key resource in providing a wide range of Labour Relations support, along with the administration of day to day Human Resources support
Who you are
- You are a detail-oriented problem solver with a consultative customer-focused approach
- You are a team player and you love collaborating to accomplish goals
- You are a relationship builder who possess a strong combination of work ethic, professionalism, and adaptability
We want to hear from you if you have:
- 5 years of progressive Human Resources experience in a unionized environment
- experience in labour relations including grievance administration and collective bargaining
- a post-secondary degree or diploma in Human Resources/Labour Relations or equivalent
- Completed or working towards CHRP designation
- fluent in MS Office, HRIS, and Time & Attendance systems
- bilingualism is an asset (French/English)
- personal or professional experience relating to blindness and vision loss is considered an asset
If this sounds like the role for you, send your application to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the position title in the subject line. Be sure to include a resume, cover letter, and mention how you heard about this opportunity. We're excited to review your application!
Please note: while we invite and encourage applications from all interested and qualified applicants, we are unable to follow-up with every applicant. Closing date: April 5, 2019
Life is a beautiful, wonderful, crazy thing. Life with vision loss should be no different. At CNIB, we're on a mission to change what it means to be blind, and we're not slowing down. We think big, take risks, embrace change, and ask questions. We're inviting you to be part of the conversation.
Our diversity is our strength – we take pride in our inclusive workplace and are committed to recruiting and selecting in a fair, transparent, and accessible way. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Our team's health and wellness are a priority, which is why we offer comprehensive benefits, competitive compensation, and flexible work schedules developed to help you stay healthy.
At CNIB, we are relentlessly passionate about what we do. We are in our second century of smashing societal barriers and stigmas through innovative programs and powerful advocacy. We are a collaborative, empowered team that drives achievement and equality. If that sounds like your cup of tea, let's talk.