• Develops and implements strategies for new and existing brands to build presence in the marketplace and drive engagement with targeted stakeholders.
• Develops guidelines to support the consistent representation of CNIB's brands, and create mechanisms to drive awareness and adoption across the organization.
• Identifies consumer insights and market trends and develops strategies to capitalize on them.
• Develops collateral materials required to support identified brand marketing requirements.
• Oversees the development and production of brand advertising and media activities, including online marketing strategies.
• Oversees an internal content development resource to support operational requirements in terms of communication, training and promotion to ensure that all stakeholders have access to brand aligned messaging.
• Supports CNIB's social enterprise and philanthropy operations by developing strategies, resources and content to enable business leads to meet their objectives.
• Manages CNIB's national social media presence and direct programs to improve brand reputation and recognition.
• Engages outside marketing, creative and/or research consultants, as appropriate, and supervises their performance.
• Keeps abreast of all new media, marketing and communications industry trends as well as current affairs and issues impacting CNIB and stakeholders.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Strategic thinking and strong creative judgement.
• Ability to convert consumer and market insights and behavior into actionable strategies.
• Proven project and vendor management skills, with experience in implementing projects from conception through completion.
• Knowledge of media channels and ability to build effective and efficient brand media activities.
• Knowledge of privacy and anti-spam legislation.
• Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to identify and create original marketing opportunities.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills with good persuasive abilities, tact and discretion.
• Excellent communication skills both in verbal and written forms.
• Excellent organization skills, demonstrating attention to process and detail along with a flexible approach in managing shifting priorities.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
• Resourceful and results-oriented with a positive, "can do" attitude.
Experience and Education:
• Post-secondary degree in marketing or an equivalent combination of education, training and expertise.
• Proven track record of success in brand marketing roles with a minimum of five years of progressive experience in marketing and communications.
• French language is an asset.
• Knowledge of accessibility as it relates to design, digital marketing and the use of alternative formats is an asset.
• Willingness to work flexible or extended hours as may be needed to accommodate high-volume or time-intensive work requirements.
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.