• Develop the vision, strategic direction, annual business plans and objectives for CNIB Operations consistent with organizational direction.
• Inspire, lead and develop the Operations teams to provide best-in-class service as benchmarked by leading outside organizations.
• Continuously monitor and analyze performance against business KPI’s and course correct as necessary.
• Ensure annual operating department expenditures are within business unit budgets.
• Forecast operational demands to determine resource requirements within various business lines to ensure service levels are consistently attained.
• Evaluate productivity performance and customer satisfaction measures, and implement continuous improvement systems, processes and policies.
• Recruit, develop and manage employee succession to ensure performance results continue to be met / exceeded over time.
• Build strong relationships and negotiate favorable terms for CNIB with external agencies and vendors to ensure business objectives and customer service standards are met.
• Deliver exceptional internal customer service to CNIB Foundation, Vision Loss Rehabilitation and DeafBlind Community Services by expertly fulfiling their needs in a timely manner.
• Utilize data analytics to assess opportunities and recommend appropriate actions within and beyond Operations.
• Optimize Fulfilment and Warehouse operations by implementing productivity improvements and cost savings opportunities without sacrificing customer service.
• Manage centralized product procurement and inventory management for Canada-wide sales and distribution to CNIB offices, stores, Hubs and direct to customers.
• Ensure all product specifications and pricing are continuously updated in CNIB systems, including e-commerce platforms, for ordering and reporting accuracy.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Strong demonstrated leadership skills and delivery of customer-focused initiatives in a complex organizational structure.
• Proven track record of driving strong customer experience through collaboration and a demonstrated passion for always improving the customer experience.
• Ability to provide strategic solutions to problems using excellent analytical, problem definition and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences.
• Strong customer focus, relationship management skills, professional demeanor, creative problem solving and influencing skills.
• Effective at managing multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meeting deadlines and working well under pressure.
Experience and Education:
• University degree in business, a related field of study or an equivalent combination of education, training and expertise.
• Minimum of five years of progressive experience in operational management.
• Demonstrated experience in managing expenses, profitability and operational structures across distributed locations.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and other related software.
• Willingness to work flexible hours to accommodate periods of increased volume.
• Occasional travel may be required.
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.