Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
- Implement and provide an in-house Consultant service providing advice to Program areas to assist in Facilities Development and Project Management decisions and actions including response to planned and emergent issues
- Develop and direct a National Facility Network for sharing resource, tools, knowledge and experience (i.e., Web-base, shareware, shared directory, resource database, newsletter)
- Oversee the portfolio of properties, potential for their development, leasehold improvements, and Capital Maintenance;
- Recommending Business cases through a guideline and approval process for property and facility decisions.
- Establish a planned Capital and Operating Maintenance program, move to a model of planned life cycle maintenance and investment in facilities and integrate into integrated budgeting process and Corporate Planning
- Direct and implement capital construction and renovation projects including contracts review, recommendations for payment, budget variance reporting.
- Assist Philanthropy in targeting funding proposals for Capital Projects.
- Assisting the Senior Director, Property in special projects and initiatives as required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Requires knowledge and experience in construction management, construction law, property and facilities management, lease management, municipal approval process, budget and accounting principles.
- Communications knowledge in technology, integration, knowledge management
- Finance knowledge with regard to real estate and facilities: analyzing, accounting, forecasting, budgeting, tax auditing and controlling
- Human and Environmental Factors knowledge environmental, health and safety, workplace dynamics, teamwork, interpersonal behaviours, ergonomics
- Leadership & Management knowledge of code compliance, telecommunications, purchasing, security, reprographics, building services, transportation, furnishings and equipment inventory, maintenance, and outsourcing management
- Background knowledge in Operations and Maintenance knowledge of the physical plant, preventative maintenance, conservation, energy management systems
- Planning and Project Management knowledge and experience of strategic, tactical and annual facility planning; new construction and/or renovation; interior space planning and design; workplace specifications, installation and space management; architecture and/or engineering projects
- Quality Assessment and Innovation knowledge of international standards organization, standards, facility audits and total quality management
- Technology knowledge of development, implementation and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems
Experience and Education:
- Post Secondary education in areas of Architectural Sciences, Facilities Management, Construction Management, Engineering, and Contract management and/or equivalent experience of at least 10 years in related field.
- Membership in professional affiliation or organization (Building Owners and Managers Association and or International Facilities Manager Association).
- Excellent verbal, written, computer skills are critical.
- Computer drafting, excel, word, outlook, Microsoft Project.
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact email@example.com
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.