CNIB’s Lake Joseph Centre (commonly known as “Lake Joe”) is a fully accessible lakefront residential facility located in the Muskoka region of Ontario, providing a unique blend of recreation, skills training, social interaction, and personal discovery in a safe, inclusive environment. Two hours north of Toronto, Lake Joe stretches over 12.5 acres of waterfront property on the northwest corner of beautiful Lake Joseph. Staff and volunteers provide a wide range of high quality programs to people of all ages who are living with vision loss.
Reporting to the Facility Operator the Property Assistant will assist with the property needs of CNIB Lake Joseph Centre with a strong focus on providing the best guest experience. As a member of the facility team, responsibilities for the position include, but are not limited to: landscaping; property and equipment maintenance; building maintenance and cleaning; and assisting with property projects as required.
As a requirement of the position, candidates must have their own CSA approved safety shoes/boots.
Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
- Assist with all maintenance of Lake Joseph’s building and grounds which include but is not limited to landscaping and ground maintenance;
- Pick up and deliver supplies and equipment for camp in an organized and cost-effective manner;
- Conduct and document weekly inspections to all buildings and grounds as well as report findings to Supervisor and/or Manager;
- Maintain the general cleanliness of the centre grounds at all times;
- Mow and rake grass and ensure that gardens are maintained on a regular basis;
- Empty garbage containers from all grounds and buildings on daily basis;
- Be positive and helpful to all guests and staff members;
- Assist with specialty functions on site;
- Assist with general maintenance of all site vehicles, including vans, boats and grounds equipment; and
- Other duties as assigned;
The duties and responsibilities outlined above are indicative of the role, but aren’t exhaustive and may be subject to change as required.
- Strong interpersonal skills including: patience, empathy, communication;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of cleaning products, site equipment and general building maintenance;
- Must provide current Police Record Check;
- Must have a minimum G Class driver license;
- Must provide current Drivers Abstract;
- WHMIS Training;
- Ability to Life Heavy Objects (up to 50 lbs.)
- Hold a Standard First Aid and CPR-C Certification;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Ability to work flexible hours as well as standard camp hours
- Ability to work in a changing and busy environment
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please apply at cniblakejoe.campbrainstaff.com
Please submit your cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.