This is an entry level management position reporting to Executive Director, CNIB Foundation. This position covers a broad range of management, administrative, and financial duties related to the day to day administration of Smartlife program and vision accessories/hardware funding agreements, promotion and marketing of Foundation Smartlife technology and eligible products, and overseeing development of funding programs.
A major component of this position will include leveraging existing internal knowledge and skills to generate a stronger, improved delivery of services and enhanced internal consistencies for the organization. Achievement of strategic objectives for the Division will be measured against established annual goals.
The position entails, but is not limited to the following general responsibilities:
- Oversee the development, management, and marketing of the Foundation Smartlife program within Alberta/NWT.
- Coordinate with the Central (National) Smartlife team to implement the creation of local/regional Smartlife centers.
- Develop creative marketing strategies to engage customers with new products and Smart technologies.
- Develop policies, procedures and controls for regional CNIB Foundation Smartlife operations.
- Coordinate the creation and delivery of community road shows that will provide opportunities for clients in local communities across Alberta/NWT to access vision solutions.
- Coordinate and attend regional accessible technology tradeshows.
- Recruit, train, engage and actively manage an integrated workforce of CNIB Foundation program staff and volunteers who will assist in the CNIB Foundation Smartlife experience.
- Approve timecards, credit cards, and travel expenses for supervised staff.
- Lead internal Foundation training and demonstrations on specific Smart products.
- Foster an agile approach to the Smartlife program and changing business needs.
- Warehouse processing
- Manage and maintain regional inventory through timely tracking and replenishment.
- Coordinate with Foundation Administration to ensure accurate invoicing before order processing.
- Ensure the accuracy and maintenance of customer profiles on our CRM database.
- Fulfil customer orders based on 3rd party product recommendation and authorization forms.
- Ensure internal systems are maintained and contractual obligations are met. Financials and reporting
- Monitor invoices received from third-party authorizers and enter invoices into database.
- Compile financial and statistical data on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis for both internal and funder use.
- Ensure accurate accounting, customer documentation and reporting for funding agreements supporting the CNIB Smartlife program.
- Monitor service budget, including revenues and expenditures, and bring to the attention of the Executive Director where appropriate.
- Accountable for P&L results for CNIB Smartlife Centre measuring the actual performance of revenues and expenses against target/budget.
- Monitor and review information related to Foundation Smartlife Technology and prepare internal reports as required.
- Attends internal and external meetings as required.
- Other duties as required related to the position.
- Liaise closely with the Sales Manager (Frontier Accessibility), Senior Manager-Smartlife, the Director of Finance, and Executive Director-Foundation to plan, prepare and implement strategies for consumer products.
- Builds relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Participates in team meetings and other activities as required.
Problem Solving/Time Frame of Impact:
- Ability to provide strategic solutions to at times, complicated problems in a timely manner.
- Possess a resourceful, adaptive and self-motivated aptitude.
- Works collaboratively with a multitude of internal stakeholders to deliver the overall targets and goals.
- Works under the general guidance of National/Divisional guidelines & standards and Government legislation/regulations, but has latitude in making decisions on routine tasks.
- Works with private and confidential material and utilizes judgment in determining what services/equipment the individual requires and in making referrals to community partners.
- Consults with Executive Director and Senior Manager-Smartlife on issues that are more complex or may require upper level approval.
- Facilitates and enhances team efforts on a professional level; shares specialized knowledge, sources, experience, concepts, and skills.
- Utilizing supportive management techniques to recruit, hire, train, supervise and discipline support staff.
- Takes initiative to keep abreast of changing circumstances and recommends changes to conform with CNIB Foundation operating processes.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Drive to learn various adaptive technologies, software, consumer products and low vision devices
- Excellent communication, diplomacy and conflict resolution skills
- Possesses strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to coordinate and work with an interdisciplinary team of professionals and to work independently
- Presentation and public speaking skills
- Must be organized, self-motivated, flexible and adaptable
- Knowledge of community resources related to people with disabilities
- Knowledge of various provincial/federal government and private funding sources
- Working knowledge of accounting procedures (e.g. purchase orders), inventory management, and software programs
- Advanced computer skills with proficiency in Windows software applications. Proficiency in Excel required.
Experience and Education:
- 3 years of related work experience
- Undergraduate degree in computer sciences, marketing, or business. Equivalencies will be considered.
- Knowledge and experience working in the field of blindness will be considered an asset.
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Valid drivers' licence and ability to travel Alberta locally and provincially
- Ability to lift 50 lbs on occasion
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact Andrew.Galster@cnib.ca
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.