The position entails, but is not limited to the following:
- Empower people who are blind or partially sighted by providing them with the tools and opportunities to embrace technology in their lives.
- Learn, implement and teach technologies that will improve the lives of people living with vision loss, both internally at the CNIB Foundation and externally in the community.
- Develop and implement new, diverse programs to meet the goals and needs of CNIB Foundation program participants.
- Provide guidance on program development and implementation to Interns working within various CNIB Foundation program areas.
- Develop opportunities to increase participants' independence through Blindsquare, Key2Access and other navigation technologies.
- Implement the regional aspects of the Phone It Forward program:
- Liaise with volunteers to organize and deliver phone drives and other forms of “PhoneRaising” (fundraising phones).
- Conduct initial assessments and registration of new individuals for the Phone It Forward program and refer to appropriate additional internal and external services.
- Provide one-to-one training and support on using the accessibility features of iOS devices.
- Develop and implement workshops and group programming on using the accessibility features of iOS devices.
- Work with the Communications team to capture and share stories and media about the program.
- Provide training to CNIB Foundation staff on the use of our customized Salesforce CRM database. Monitor regional Salesforce content, ensuring a timely client referral process and accurate data entry.
- Maintain up-to-date participant files; complete all service tracking in a timely manner; and prepare participant histories and reports.
- Evaluate new and existing CNIB Foundation programs to ensure program outcomes are met and report on both quantitative and qualitative outcomes for informing program funders.
- Provide resources and work in collaboration and consultation with other CNIB Foundation and Vision Loss Rehabilitation Canada departments.
- Provide education and awareness around the use of technology for people living with vision loss.
- Remain current on digital technologies and provide updated information to CNIB Foundation staff and participants as applicable.
- Participate in internal meetings; and prepare and provide reports regarding programs and activities.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Demonstrated proficiency in iOS accessibility features.
- Knowledge of assistive technology
- Knowledge of disabled rights issues, especially regarding public spaces
- Awareness of specific issues regarding vision loss.
- Excellent communication, diplomacy and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrates maturity and sensitivity, as well as possessing emotional and social stability when dealing with the needs of persons experiencing vision loss.
- Must be organized, self-motivated, flexible and adaptable.
- Enjoy meeting new challenges.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Entrepreneurship, Communications, Marketing or equivalent experience.
- Experience organizing an “integrated workforce” of staff and volunteers to deliver volunteer-led, staff-supported programs.
- 2+ years' experience working with individuals with vision loss.
- Lived experience utilizing iOS accessibility features.
- Experience with Salesforce.
- Current First Aid and CPR certificates.
- Required to work flexible hours – evening work is integral to the position (up to 3 evenings per week)
- Travel between Calgary and Edmonton is required.
- Home visits to participants.
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact Andrew.Galster@cnib.ca
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.