Building community presence and awareness:
- Help create and implement a social media marketing strategy utilizing existing channels (Facebook, Twitter and YouTube) adding new social media communication channels as needed to ensure a broad community reach.
- Organize, plan and promote CNIB Foundation community-based programs, services and special events; attend these activities in communities across the province.
- Manage regular and ongoing communications to current and prospective participants and volunteers using channels such as Campaign Monitor and Facebook messenger.
- Maintain up to date event listings and content on www.cnib.ca.
Creating and leading an amazing team:
- Recruit, train and engage volunteers who will deliver community-based programs including Peer Support across New Brunswick.
- Help make CNIB the organization of choice for volunteers – promoting our commitment to volunteer engagement at every opportunity and developing the active volunteer base needed to support local operations.
- Develop and foster an inclusive, empowered culture where every team member – staff and volunteer – feels their contributions towards our mission are equally valued and respected.
- Lead by example in bringing our values to life – working with passion, determination, ambition and a positive spirit to change people’s lives, and society itself.
- Ensure understanding of, and compliance with, all CNIB's policies and procedures.
Developing, delivering and monitoring best-in-class programs:
- Plan, implement and grow community-based programs, including Peer Support.
- Constantly seek opportunities to improve service delivery and participant outcomes, leveraging available evaluation data for your region.
- Keep abreast of best practices and new developments in programming for people who are blind or partially sighted, and proactively bring forward ideas on how to improve all aspects of the work we do.
- Use Salesforce software for tracking participant engagement in activities and programs.
Engaging and empowering participants:
- Champion CNIB's high standards of client and customer service, ensuring they are upheld within your program area.
- Build strong, positive relationships with program participants, and seek insight into their unique needs, goals and lived experiences.
- Proactively encourage program participants to take advantage of other CNIB programs and services that may benefit them, offering them opportunities to expand their support network and deepen their community engagement.
Building strong community relationships:
- Develop and steward strong and effective partnerships with community organizations that are aligned to and/or can help further our mission, including other service delivery organizations, funding agencies, etc.
- Work closely with the Manager, Program and Resource Development, Manager, Major Gifts and the Executive Director to maximize donor investment in CNIB's programs – providing information and support for funding requests related to your program area.
- Liaise directly with prospective and existing donors when needed to secure, retain and upgrade their philanthropic and/or volunteer support.
- Be a key local ambassador for CNIB, representing and promoting the organization at all relevant external events.
The duties and responsibilities outlined above are indicative of the role but aren’t exhaustive and may be subject to change as required.
What do you bring to the table?
- Good understanding of effective social media and marketing strategy with a goal of increasing participant engagement and public awareness.
- Experience leading and motivating volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and communication skills, with the ability to plan and deliver clear communications to a dispersed audience.
- Demonstrated understanding of diversity and accessibility needs; champions change for a more inclusive and accessible environment.
- Experience in developing and implementing programs.
- Experience in planning and delivering workshops and presentations.
- Proficient in MS Suite of products, online social media platforms, experience with website development and databases would be an asset.
- Good relationship/team builder and networking skills with a variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven time management, planning, coordinating and organization skills; proactive in initiating multiple projects on an ongoing basis.
- Professional attitude, results oriented, strategic and flexible.
- Ability to work effectively in French and English, both verbal and written, is imperative.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Knowledge and experience using various social media tools and marketing strategies for community engagement and outreach.
- Knowledge of disability an asset.
- Personal or professional experience relating to blindness and vision loss is considered an asset.
Experience and Education:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field.
- 1-3 years of experience in program development and delivery within a charity/not-for-profit organization or organization with a provincial scope.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
- Willingness to work from different locations.
- Regular travel throughout the province will be required.
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.