Creating and leading an amazing team
- You will work with the region's staff to help recruit, train, engage and actively manage an integrated team of volunteers who will be accountable for delivering programs to people who are blind
- You will develop and foster an inclusive, empowered culture where every team member – staff and volunteer – feels their contributions towards our mission are equally valued and respected
- You will lead by example in bringing our values to life – pushing your team to work with passion, determination, ambition and a positive spirit to change people’s lives, and society itself
Developing, delivering and monitoring best-in-class programs
- You will develop and deliver new "technology focused" programs to those with sight loss, to be delivered in both a group environment, as well as one to one
- You will provide access to leading vendors of assistive technology through tech fairs, and other demonstration opportunities
- You will promote awareness of provincial and national accessibility technology discussion groups and resources, as well as other specialized products for people with sight loss
- You will implement plans to maximize the success of the accessible technology in our foundation programs, and grow existing CNIB programs in accessible technology, including SHOP CNIB
- You will manage an outcome evaluation process, reviewing evaluation data to improve programs, customer service and participant outcomes
- You will keep abreast of new technology as well as best practices and new developments in programming for people with sight loss, creating opportunities to share this knowledge with participants, staff and volunteers
- You will increase public awareness of assistive technology through public speaking engagements, health fairs, workshops and other community events
- You will develop implementation plans to maximize the success of the engagement of volunteers and participants in CNIB's foundation programs
- You will lead and manage outcome evaluation processes as they relate to volunteer and participant engagement, using a national framework
- You will assist in the implementation of various programs throughout the Ontario North Region
What do you bring to the table?
- Excellent verbal and written communication and superior interpersonal skills. Portrays the appropriate professional image
- An active member in the blindness community
- Extensive knowledge in accessibility and adaptive technology
- Relationships with employers and experience in educating employers on the accessibility of software
- Knowledge of Accessibility Standards and best practices
- Experience in developing and delivering training workshops and presentations
- Good relationship/team builder and networking skills with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent organizational and planning skills to work to concurrent and/or conflicting deadlines
- Highly flexible and able to respond to new tasks
Experience and Education
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field, or equivalent experience
- 3 - 5 years of experience with accessible technology, program development and implementation and customer service
- Volunteer engagement and leadership experience
- Personal or professional experience relating to blindness and vision loss is considered an asset
- This position will have a primary base of the Barrie Community Hub
- Willingness to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends
- Some local and Regional travel will be required
- Willingness to work from different locations
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact HR.ON-North-West@CNIB.ca
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.