The position entails, but is not limited to the following:
- Actively recruits, screens, interviews, hires, matches to assignments, and cultivates volunteers in order to meet the region’s needs
- Provides orientation & training to all volunteers
- Provides training and direct supervision to volunteers when applicable, e.g. Vision Mates and Peer Support
- Collaborates with relevant staff to prepare and update volunteer job profiles, competencies, goals and tasks in accordance with identified needs
- Manages and keeps up to date the volunteer database
- Implements a volunteer recognition and stewardship program
- Coordinates the Peer Support and Vision Mate Programs
- Speaks at public and private meetings representing the CNIB as required
- Provide ongoing reporting on program outcomes
- Evaluates effectiveness of the program on an ongoing basis.
- Meets identified needs for volunteer support
- Supports Program Lead as directed
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication and public speaking skills
- Detail oriented with excellent multi-project, time management, and computer skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software and database management
- Creative and innovative problem solving skills
Experience and Education
- Post-secondary education in related field such as business, administration, non-profit management or equivalent experience
- Personal history of volunteerism
- Volunteer Management Certificate from accredited program would be an asset
- Membership in VMPC or similar regional professional association an asset
- Knowledge of vision loss/impairment would be an asset
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Occasional travel will be required
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact email@example.com
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.