Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
- Assist with the coordination, implementation and supervision of the Vision Mate and Ambassador programs in BC.
- Provides training to new volunteers when applicable, e.g. Vision Mates and Ambassadors.
- Provides support to Volunteer and Community Engagement department with data entry and tasks upon request.
- Provide support to the onboarding and screening of interested volunteer applicants
- Plan, set up and attend community engagement events to raise awareness of about living with vision loss and CNIB Foundation's programs
- Communicates in a professional manner, both written and orally, at both internal and external levels as required.
- Works both independently and collaboratively with the departments.
- Participates in committees and team meetings.
Problem Solving/Time Frame of Impact:
- Ability to provide solutions to routine questions using creative and timely problem-solving skills.
- Able to manage multiple projects, while still meeting deadlines and producing high-quality work.
- Works under the general direction of divisional guidelines and standards but has latitude in making decisions on routine tasks.
- Consults with supervisor on issues that are more complex or may require upper level approval.
- Exercises judgment and tact when dealing with individuals and knowing when to elevate issues to the next level.
- Commitment to maintaining privacy and confidentiality.
- The ability to function with limited supervision when required.
- Maintains a positive attitude focussed on total company success.
- Takes initiative to keep abreast of various policies and procedures, trends, legislation, etc. as they relate to the position.
- Provides leadership in training volunteers
• is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
• is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*; and
• is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
• *International students are not eligible.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task in an organized manner.
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software and database management.
- Excellent word processing skills.
- Demonstrates mature and sensitive nature when dealing with people who are blind or partially sighted.
- Creative, flexible, initiative, self-starter
- Positive attitude focused on total organizational success and commitment to maintaining confidentiality.
Experience and Education:
- Post-secondary education in related field such as business, administration, non-profit management or equivalent experience
- Personal history of volunteerism.
- Experience using and maintaining databases is an asset
- Willingness to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends
- Able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Light lifting may be required (20 lbs.)
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your cover letter & resume, please contact Melisa.TangChoy@cnib.ca
Please mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.