The position entails, but is not limited to, the following general responsibilities:
Providing Client Support: The Program Assistant will play a key role in our:
Technology programs (assisting customers with product selection in our local Shop CNIB kiosk, demonstrating accessibility features on mobile devices, training groups on accessible technology, and supporting Phone It Forward and Phone Drives).
Peer support programs (administrative assistance and in-person assistance with individuals, groups, classes, field trips and the yearly seniors' day outing to Lake Joseph Centre).
Assist in the planning and promotion of third-party events like CNIB Night Steps.
This position will assist teams with administrative support.
- Working knowledge and understanding of CNIB programs and services.
- Familiarity and comfort with people with disabilities and seniors and/or a willingness to learn about their unique needs and abilities.
- Well developed interpersonal and communications skills.
- Exceptional "customer service" skills and a desire to provide top-level support to clients, colleagues and volunteers.
- Professional attitude, self-directed, organized and flexible.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of workload demands within time constraints.
- Proficiency using standard office software (MS Office suite) and willingness to learn specialized client databases and accessibility features.
- Satisfactory police record check (with vulnerable sector screen)
- Valid driver's license desired (though not required)
Experience and Education
- Preferred experience and/or education in the following fields: Health Sciences, Gerontology, Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Social Work, Social Service Worker, Event Planning, Technology.
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment;
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with Ontario legislation and regulations;
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact email@example.com
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.