Your primary job is to imagine and execute digital products that help to solve issues and challenges that face the sight loss community. You will project manage the entire process through discovery activities, market analysis and user research, collaborate closely with external product development teams, and lead in the creation of product vision and roadmaps.
Throughout product development, you will be relied upon to help to close requirements gaps, prioritize feature enhancements, validate and improve user experiences, collaborate to solve unexpected challenges and work interactively to ensure successful market releases. After go-live you will be responsible for in-market analysis, performance insights and next step recommendations based on KPIs which you help to establish.
Are you Interested in joining an organization that is committed to changing what it is to be blind by unleashing the power of technology and ensuring that that those who are blind or partially sighted can live the lives they choose?
Here’s what we’re looking for:
• You understand application development while creating innovative product experiences that drive transformative change.
• You can assess ideas and prototypes, determine the opportunity and provide recommendations for further consideration or investment by the organization
• You can work with the blind community to understand their issues and challenges from which you develop insights to be transformed into tangible product vision and implementation plans.
• You talk to developers in their language and can effectively share the desired product experience that meet user needs.
• You understand how to evaluate user needs through qualitative and quantitative research techniques.
• You have the ability manage risk ensuring the effective documentation, design and management of all required agreements.
• You are an analytical thinker and problem-solving skills. You love to learn and share your insights.
• You are a team player and are reliably self-managing
And you prefer a working environment that offers:
• A dynamic technology embracing, learning-oriented culture
• A hard-working, but casual workplace with a get-it-done philosophy
• An emerging area of growth and focus and the chance to be a trailblazer
Qualifications: (Education, Training, Experience):
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Experience working in web, digital, and/or product design and development
• An understanding of general web and mobile application architectures to support building requirement
• Experience project managing technology development working with multiple stakeholders
• Ability to tap into education and institutional Centre’s of excellence as well as knowledge of funding and grant mechanisms around technology development
• The confidence in your ability to develop plans and manage the engagement process at all levels of the organization.
• 5 or more years of experience working to drive innovation and digital user experiences
• Experience working with large technology organizations
• University/college degree
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.