Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
- Stewards sponsors, donors and event attendees via thank you calls and letters
- Develops/edits philanthropy related marketing materials
- Develops/edits philanthropy templates
- Liaises with committee members providing administrative support to sponsors, donors
- and event attendees
- Assists with revenue processing
- Identifies, solicits and picks up in-kind donations and auction items
- Assists with prospect research
- Other related activities and duties as assigned, including; office administration support,
- reception, mailers, confirmation calls, etc.
- Provides updates and support to event volunteer committees
- Develops and maintains relationships with local volunteers, funders, sponsors, partners,
- participants and donors
- Interacts with the public by promoting CNIB events
Problem Solving/Time Frame of Impact
- Ability to provide strategic solutions to complicated problems in a timely manner
- Works collaboratively with the Fund Development Team to deliver the team targets and
- This position works under the general guidance of National/ Divisional guidelines and
- standards, but has latitude in making decisions on routine tasks.
- Consults with supervisor on issues that are more complex or may require upper level
- Facilitates and enhances team efforts on a professional level and shares specialized
- knowledge, sources, experience, concepts, and skills.
- Takes initiative to develop and cultivate relationships with potential donors to CNIB.
- Provides strategic support and advice to senior volunteers and key internal stakeholders
- in the Fund Development process
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Experience with marketing and special events
- Desire to learn about the non-profit or charitable sector
- Good relationship builder
- Excellent written communications and oral presentation skills
- Well organized ability to develop a plan of action
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Professional attitude, self-starter, and flexible
- Design experience in Adobe an asset, but not mandatory
Experience and Education:
- Well-developed interpersonal and communications skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office software
- Willingness to travel throughout lower mainland
- Valid driver’s license is mandatory
- Access to a personal vehicle is not required, but considered an asset
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact Tracy.Waters@cnib.ca
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.