Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
- Responsible for reception area; greeting clients, answering phones, sending/receiving shipments and general office maintenance
- Assists staff with administrative duties i.e. appointment confirmation calls, other service calls, and service prep
- Responsible for office operations while staff are on holidays
- Support volunteers
- Assists with event planning and implementation
- Assists with planning of Mobile Days
- is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*; and
- is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
- *International students are not eligible.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Strong interpersonal skills; exceptional active listening and communication skills
- Thoroughness, timeliness, flexibility and an ability to juggle priorities and meet deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
• An acceptable criminal record check will be required prior to offer of employment
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact Bobby.Weir@cnib.ca
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.