Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
- Assist with planning and implementation of day camps for children who are blind or partially sighted, including:
- Plan adaptive activities for the camp participants
- Organize and coordinate volunteers for camp
- Organize budget and documentation for camp
- Other camp duties as assigned
- Foundation Program participant outreach
- General office duties as assigned
- CNIB Store
- Assists consumers to view/select assistive products and aids
- Process sales and returns
- Respond to customers inquires
- Data-entry of client information
- Is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- Is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*; and
- Is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
- *International students are not eligible.
Experience & Training:
- Experience working in an office setting
- Experience in working with volunteers and individuals with disabilities
- Experience with summer camps or organizing recreational activities with children
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Customer service experience preferred
Excellent telephone manners and skills
Excellent interpersonal skills
Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office applications and databases
Valid Driver’s License preferred
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact Christall.Beaudry@cnib.ca
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.