The position entails, but is not limited to the following:
- Creation of impactful and engaging content that improves the CNIB's overall knowledge on technology that positively impacts the lives of Canadians living with sight loss.
- Network extensively, both internally and externally, with the goal of compiling and sharing knowledge on the applications that technology can have in assisting Canadians living with sight loss.
- Assess knowledge needs and desired outcomes across CNIB staff, volunteers, clients, and participants, and utilise this to build and design training requirements tailored to the relevant audience.
- Own the creation of learning based content, specifically related to technology and its assistive applications to Canadians living with sight loss, and make it available and relevant to multiple audiences, including:-
- Vision Loss Rehabilitation Staff
- CNIB Foundation Staff
- Deafblind Community Services Staff
- CNIB Foundation Volunteers
- Canadians affected by sight loss
- Tailor and communicate the aforementioned content across multiple different platforms and channels, including:-
- E-Learning systems
- Social Media Platforms
- Report on the uptake and effectiveness of content across the different targeted audiences.
- Develop a precise content plan to better document each product or technology service.
- Develop sustainable content acquisition workflows to keep each section relevant and current.
- Work closely with our partnerships team, and others within CNIB, to create shared knowledge and identify thought leadership topics of interest, and to lead the charge on researching and creating compelling and engaging content.
- Gather customer quotes and stories and develop case studies as required.
- Oversee the end to end creation process for technology videos (writing, scripting, casting, filming, release).
- Works closely with technology partners and vendors with regards to sharing and creating new content.
- Maintains a close relationship with the Shop CNIB team and its key vendors.
- Ensures collaboration with Vision Loss Rehabilitation with regards to knowledge and skills sharing.
- Build and maintain relationships with key external technology content producers (e.g. Apple, Hadley School for the Blind)
- Maintain close working relationships with CNIB Foundation technology leads to determine knowledge gaps and training needs.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Demonstrate an elevated ability to describe technical processes simply and to distill a lot of information into a few clear statements.
- Knowledge of and experience in using content management systems and e-learning systems
- Excellent storytelling and creative writing skills
- Experience producing a range of digital content: videos, blog posts, podcasts, photos, and more
- Excellent knowledge of all social media channels.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, with good persuasive abilities, tact, and discretion, and the ability to effectively build relationships.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to think critically about the challenge at hand
- Ability to think abstractly about content as a system of information and customer touch point
- Excellent organization skills, demonstrating attention to process and detail along with a flexible approach in managing shifting priorities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Resourceful, results-oriented with a positive, "can do" attitude.
Experience and Education:
- University graduate in new media, marketing, web design, communications or an equivalent combination of education, training and expertise.
- At least 4 years of writing experience at a creative agency or in-house creative team.
- French language is an asset.
- Willingness to work flexible hours to accommodate periods of significant pressure; extended workings hours as appropriate.
- Ability to travel as required
We offer flexible work schedules, competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities to make an impact. Be a part of a collaborative and enthusiastic group of people whose shared vision is to change what it is to be blind.
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
Closing Date for Applications: September 23, 2018
Please Send the Application to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the job title in the subject line
Please send cover letter and resume and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted