The Manager, Philanthropy is responsible for their own fundraising portfolio, implementing the approved strategic plan that supports CNIB’s philanthropic objectives. The position plays a key role in CNIB’s Philanthropy department.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Philanthropy, the Manager, Philanthropy will undertake defined acknowledgement, recognition, stewardship activities and will solicit donations from donors that help support philanthropy activities across Ontario. In addition, they will facilitate our signature annual event at CNIB Lake Joseph Center.
Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
• Maintain a portfolio of corporate and individual major gift donors
• Support the delivery of the major gift program
• Ensure that objectives, projects and critical paths for all fundraising programs and procedures are followed
• Plan and facilitate the implementation of our signature annual event at Lake Joseph Center which has a goal of raising five hundred thousand.
• Lead and represent CNIB on the Lake Joseph committee calls, and work with all volunteer event committee members
• Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and database computer applications
• Superior relationship building skills
• Exceptional writing and presentation skills
• Familiarity with comprehensive fundraising functions and regulations
• A results-oriented focus, a driven attitude and an entrepreneurial approach to fundraising and problem solving
• Strong customer and donor-relations skills
• Event logistic experience
• Professional attitude, self-starter and adapts to fast paced environment.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines and determining priorities
Experience and Education
• University degree or College diploma in marketing and communications/business administration or related field.
• Minimum 4-5 years related experience in a not-for-profit fundraising organization.
• Demonstrated experience writing donor relations and stewardship materials.
• Experience working with volunteers.
• Experience coordinating events.
• Willingness to work flexible hours
• Willingness to travel
• Willingness to be a passionate advocate for CNIB and those we serve.
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact email@example.com
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.