Essential duties entail (but not limited to):
- Grow our monthly donor program; convert one-time donors, attract and retain new monthly donors.
- Proactively use identification, research and qualification processes to create a portfolio of key prospects (both corporate and individual).
- Organize cultivation, solicitation and stewardship meetings; engage staff and volunteers as appropriate.
- Lead by example in bringing our values to life – inspiring others to work with passion, determination, ambition and a positive spirit to change people’s lives.
- Foster an inclusive, empowered culture where every team member feels valued, respected, engaged and driven to succeed.
- Strive to make CNIB the organization of choice for donors and partners – promoting our commitment to building positive relationships at every opportunity.
- Help make CNIB the organization of choice for volunteers – promoting our commitment to volunteer engagement and developing the active volunteer base needed to support fundraising activities.
- Develop and steward strong and effective partnerships with community organizations that are aligned to and/or can help further our mission, including other service organizations, funding agencies, etc.
- Assist with the development and manage the provincial fundraising/philanthropy plan and budget.
- Ensure understanding of, and compliance with, all CNIB's policies and procedures. This includes human resource policies, operational standards and fundraising best practices.
- Be a key ambassador and spokesperson for CNIB, representing and promoting the organization at fundraising events, meetings, conferences, and public education venues.
- Responsible for fundraising administration including capturing fundraising activity in Raiser's Edge donor data base and providing reports with analyses to the Executive Director.
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in fundraising and philanthropy.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and best practices.
- Proven successful track record in revenue generation.
- Knowledge of privacy legislation and able to conduct business in accordance with the CFRE/AFP/CAGP code of ethics.
- Ability to lead and motivate staff and volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and communication skills.
- Good understanding of diversity and accessibility issues.
- Well organized with excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as an integral part of a team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) and relevant donor management software (Raiser's Edge).
- Good relationship/team builder and networking skills with stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical, creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Proven time management, planning, coordinating and organization skills
- Professional attitude, resourceful, results oriented, strategic and flexible.
Experience and Education:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years fundraising experience managing and growing high-performing fundraising programs.
- CFRE designation or equivalent an asset.
- Experience in recruiting and engaging volunteers.
- Knowledge and experience working in a community based, non-profit organization.
- Personal or professional experience relating to sight loss is an asset.
- Willing to work flexible hours.
- Willing to travel.
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.