Full-time, Toronto ON
CNIB is looking for a Manager, Human Resources/Labour Relations to enhance the organization's growth by delivering human capital initiatives for both staff and volunteers in collaboration with business leaders. In this role, you will support the success of our Ontario division by providing insightful people consultation in a unionized environment. This position will be based in our Toronto Bayview office and will report directly to our Director, Human Resources.
Your impact at CNIB
- You will work closely with leaders in our Ontario division to provide strategic human resources and labour relations guidance and support
- You'll collaborate directly with the union, representing CNIB on grievance and arbitration matters
- You will enhance and promote a healthy work environment by recommending best practices and sharing strategies with Ontario division leaders
- Recruitment, policies and procedures, performance management, conflict resolution, employee recognition – you'll be a valuable and impactful resource for all things HR-related
Who you are
- You are a culture builder with a consultative customer-focused approach
- You are a team player and you love collaborating to accomplish goals
- You possess a strong combination of work ethic, sound business acumen, and curiosity
We want to hear from you if you have:
- 10 years of progressive Human Resources Management/Labour Relations experience
- minimum of 5 years experience working successfully with diverse stakeholders in a unionized environment
- a University degree and/or a post-secondary business degree/diploma in Human Resources/Labour Relations
- CHRL designation
- fluent in MS Office, HRIS, and Time & Attendance systems
- bilingualism is an asset (French/English)
- personal or professional experience relation to blindness and vision loss is considered an asset
If this sounds like the role for you, send your application to us at email@example.com, indicating the position title in the subject line. Be sure to include a resume, cover letter, and mention how you heard about this opportunity. We're excited to review your application!
Please note: while we invite and encourage applications from all interested and qualified applicants, we are unable to follow-up with every applicant.
Our diversity is our strength – we take pride in our inclusive workplace and are committed to recruiting and selecting in a fair, transparent, and accessible way. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.