• Lead & support ad hoc projects within the Finance Transformation team that map to our broader goal of driving process efficiencies.
• Leverage automation tools and methodologies to improve efficiencies, reduce risk/cost, increase standardization and build scalable business processes across the organization.
• Create, manage, and implement rules for validation of data across business processes in relation to finance policies (such as funding contracts compliance requirements); request re-classes as required to support accuracy of data.
• Work with the implementation team to assist with the programming of the back-end coding in the new finance systems.
• Train and assist users to transform data into action-oriented information and provide them skills to become self-sufficient.
• Conduct training workshops develop training documents and job aids on applying best practices and best-in-class methodologies for continuous improvement, data management and reporting.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Demonstrated management, analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, and communication skills.
• Strong business orientation with exceptional technical expertise in accounting processes, financial management, and financial systems.
• Programming/coding knowledge and excellent problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated experience leading a team with through proven facilitation and transformation/change management experience.
• Ability to lead and supervise others, provide exceptional client service.
• Demonstrate commitment to continuous learning in order to stay current regarding applicable strategies.
• Ability to see the "big picture" as well as the details, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment, and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of projects.
• Familiarity with the Government funding regime as well as Charitable operations and the required reporting and analysis.
• Superior written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience interacting well at senior management and executive levels with a proven ability to assess business risk and escalate to management with appropriate alternatives
• Well-developed interpersonal and communications skills.
Experience and Education:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance, engineering, computer science, management information systems, or related field
• 5+ years of experience in Finance, Programming, Process Automation, System Implementation, Continuous Improvement, Business Transformation or related field
• Experience building dashboards, advanced data visualization skills
• Strong Microsoft office skills (Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationship cross-functionally, from entry-level associates to key members of the leadership
• Willingness to work flexible hours.
• Travel may be required.
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact Stanley.Ramdath@cnib.ca
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.