• Ensures Accessible Publishing systems are appropriate to meet the operational needs of the Accessible Publishing today and its strategic direction going forward
• Oversees evaluation of systems-related proposals including assessment as to fit with operational requirements and existing technologies, vendor stability, opportunities and challenges, costs and risks
• Working in collaboration with the Accessible Publishing's management team, leads staff through new systems implementations, ensuring project budgets, schedules, deliverables, accountabilities and responsibilities are known and understood, and issues requiring cooperative resolution are brought forward to the management team
• Ensures proper project management practices, processes and tools are applied to systems-related initiatives, including preparedness of business areas for data conversion, product training, QA and user testing, and deployment
• Works with the CELA Management to ensure that the Accessible Publishing IT infrastructure and support are in line with CELA service level expectations
• Creates, implements and enforces security measures within Accessible Publishing's and CELA's applications to protect sensitive information and prevent unauthorised access
• Makes recommendations to improve application level security based on awareness of current and emerging threats
• Provides regular analysis and feedback to the Accessible Publishing management team on all phases of project development
• Assists with the development of Accessible Publishing Systems budgets and control, and staff resources in collaboration with the Director, Accessible Publishing
• Oversees documentation of requirements and ensures systems documentation is maintained
• Responsible for the management, hiring, motivation and evaluation of the Accessible Publishing IT team staff
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Knowledge of, and experience with, library information systems and project management concepts, practices and procedures;
• Knowledge of, and experience with AWS hosted systems as well as other "hosted system/software-as-a-service" models;
• Knowledge of, and experience with Drupal, with preference to Drupal8;
• Expert experience with CSS and HTML;
• Experience in Drupal Module development;
• Meta data management understanding and experience Ability to lead, plan and direct the work of others;
• Ability to utilize experience, judgment and creativity to plan and accomplish goals;
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication - both oral and written
Experience and Education:
• Post-secondary education preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience acceptable to CNIB Accessible Publishing.
• Minimum five years’ hands on management of IT teams including development and support experience with Drupal.
• Experience supporting Library “Discovery” systems is preferred.
• Willingness to work flexible hours
• Occasional travel may be required.
• Overtime required on occasion, evenings and/or weekends. Maintenance schedules are during off-peak usage hours.
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact email@example.com
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.