• Maintain regular cleaning schedule as determined by Supervisor, including;
o Sweeps and washes all floors as required throughout the building;
o Cleans all washrooms including floors, toilets, stalls, sinks, mirrors (all surfaces) replace toilet paper, hand towels, hand soap as required on a daily basis;
o Polishes all tile flooring monthly;
o Strip and wax floors yearly (if floors in good condition wax overcoat may only be required);
o Vacuums all entrance matting daily in winter months and twice weekly in off seasons;
o Vacuums carpets in all offices weekly or more as needed;
o Steam cleans all carpets minimum once annually keeping written records;
o Snow removal around all entry doors and exits and responsible for de-icing as required;
o Responsible for cutting of lawns and tending gardens including plantings, weeding, trimming, seeding and fertilizing lawns, plus maintaining lawn cutting equipment and tools;
o Empties all garbage receptacles daily and takes to CNIB locked dumpster outside building;
o Collects all recyclables including cardboard and place neatly and secured at curb side on collection day;
o Orders all janitorial/maintenance supplies as required and places in appropriate stock room(s).
• Coordinates vehicle maintenance for 3 CNIB vehicles including but not limited to weekly fluid level, tire pressure and 360 circle check, arranges and transports vehicle for service such as oil changes, repairs, all season/winter tire change over.
• Obtains quotes related to the building maintenance as assign by RM or designate.
• Moves office furniture as required by RM or designate.
• Set up and take down of meeting rooms as required utilizing Work Order Forms or as assign by RM or designate.
• Responsible for the preparation and set up of facilities as per the function specifications.
• Ensure the appearance of the facility is maintained to meet the standards established by CNIB
• Complete/oversee preventive maintenance work.
• Perform or schedule repairs, adjustments or component replacements.
• Perform daily building systems equipment checks, completes logs at daily or regularly scheduled intervals.
• Replacements on all building system equipment during scheduled times.
• Perform minor repairs to building, including painting where necessary.
• Provide customer service to meet established quality standards by:
o attending to, investigating and remedying staff/guest complaints
o ensure mechanical and electrical building systems are maintained
o supervise the services of outside contractors and vendors as it pertains to maintenance and repairs
o perform all maintenance as required on lighting fixture, ceiling grid system, minor door maintenance i.e. lock lubrication and door closer adjustments, minor plumbing/drain repairs and maintenance and miscellaneous general repairs and maintenance
o provide support and assistance to all facilities stakeholders
• Maintain and update all operations logbooks, charts, reports and readings
• Recommend cost savings and energy efficiency measures to supervisor
• Advise supervisor of any safety/life concerns
• Attend all meetings, additional training as requested by supervisor
• Other duties as assigned by RM or designate.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Valid driver G license and maintain a suitable driving record validated by drivers abstract
• Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook
• Current police check required.
• Must be flexible in order to accommodate changing priorities.
• Must be able to work flexible hours as scheduled by supervisor
Experience and Education:
• High school diploma is an asset
• Minimum 2-3 years. Janitorial/maintenance related experience
• Current WHIMIS training (6 months or less)
• Ability to lift heavy objects in excess of 50 lbs.
• Knowledge of cleaning products, equipment, and general building maintenance.
• Ability to deal with confidential information
• Ability to interact with clients, volunteers, vendors and staff in a cordial manner
• Willingness to work flexible hours
• Occasional travel may be required.
• May be required to climb ladders, scaffold and rooftops.
• Hardhat is required on construction projects.
• Safety shoes required at all times (CSA approved, steel toe and slip resistant)
• Possible exposure to dampness, mold, hazardous materials, building materials and dust
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact Gary.Baldey@cnib.ca
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.