Are you a blind or partially sighted job seeker? CNIB has an exciting internship or returnship opportunity for someone that is looking to enter or re-enter the workforce. A "returnship" is an internship for someone who has work experience that is looking to re-enter the workforce.
Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
- Provides service and information regarding products and services available at SHOP CNIB. Assist clients wishing to purchase products that will aid them in their daily living needs.
- Demonstrates and provides information and training on the use of various types of products to the general public and CNIB clients.
- Handles incoming calls from clients and the general public regarding products and services.
- Processes sales and return transactions using EPOS system i.e.: credit card sales, debit card sales, and cash sales.
- Completes third party billings (i.e. Blue Cross, NIHB, etc.) forms for clients and veterans wishing to purchase products and sending forms to national accounting department for processing according to the internal process.
- Provides service and advice to clients that are having difficulty with defective products. Includes replacing or sending product to the national distribution centre for repair.
- Completes day end closing (cash-out) and all relevant transactions and forwards them to designated staff/volunteers for further processing.
- Monitors inventory and provides designated staff person within the Shop information on which items are low and require replenishment.
- Maintains files regarding store operations and procedures.
- Contacts clients when their order arrives in the store for pick up.
- Evaluates new products as requested.
- Builds relationships with volunteers to align workflow appropriately and ensure department goals and objectives are met.
- Maintains relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Participates in committees to enhance program visibility of Shop CNIB.
- Liaison with National Distribution Centre staff and staff within the division.
Problem Solving/Time Frame of Impact:
- Ability to provide solutions to routine problems utilizing excellent analytical, creativity, and problem-solving skills.
- Monitors inventory to ensure products are in stock.
- Responds to customer complaints in a timely manner.
- Provide recommendations on improving customer service.
- Utilizes appropriate resources as required to maximize service delivery efficiencies.
- Works collaboratively with staff and volunteers.
- Works under the general direction of divisional guidelines and standards but has latitude in making decisions on day-to-day dealings with the public and on store operations.
- Consults with manager or other designated Shop staff on issues that are more complex or may require upper level approval.
- Facilitates and enhances team efforts on a professional level and shares specialized knowledge, sources, experience, concepts and skills.
- Ability to function with limited supervision when required.
- Collaborates with supervisor to establish plans, goals and coordinate activities to achieve services objectives.
- Maintains a positive attitude and strong leadership that focuses on total company success.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Experience with consumer products and technology for blind and partially sighted individual is an asset.
- Able to train and manage volunteers.
- Demonstrated client centred approach with excellent customer service skills.
- Good working knowledge of computer applications.
- Demonstrated decision making and judgement.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task in an organized manner.
- Demonstrates mature and sensitive nature when dealing with the needs of persons experiencing vision loss.
Experience and Education:
- Minimum high school diploma.
- Some experience preferred in customer service environment.
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Required to lift/carry equipment up to 20-30lbs
Strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact Debby.Cuninghame@cnib.ca
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.