Are you a job seeker who is blind or partially sighted? CNIB has an exciting internship opportunity for someone that is looking to enter the workforce.
The position entails, but is not limited to the following general responsibilities:
- Undertake calls to AB clients to ascertain their interest areas for recreation programming
- Analyze programs on an ongoing basis and implement changes with prior approval
- Assist in coordinating and training of volunteers
- Support community agencies by supporting with agency staff training around vision loss
- Perform any necessary administrative duties related to the program development
- Assists with participant evaluation of the program
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Post-secondary education preferred in a related field
- Good communication, instructional and observational skills, ability to organize & prioritize workload demands within time constraints
- Strong computer skills
- First Aid an asset (or willingness to complete)
- Provide a current Criminal Record Check
- Patience, tact and flexibility are essential personal characteristics to be successful in this position
- Willingness to learn CNIB services and programs
- This position in based within our Calgary or Edmonton offices
- This is a six-month internship position will a minimum of 21 hrs per week and a maximum of 35 hours per week based on successful candidate needs.
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact email@example.com
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.