Are you a blind or partially sighted job seeker? CNIB has an exciting internship or returnship opportunity for someone that is looking to enter or re-enter the workforce. A "returnship" is an internship for someone who has work experience that is looking to re-enter the workforce.
Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
- Effective communication of the Phone It Forward program and launch to stakeholders and media.
- Development and selection of potential individual and corporate partners for contact.
- Works with Manager, Major Gifts to identify key external contacts and develop relationships.
- Contacts and facilitates in-person and phone meetings to provide donors with a comprehensive understanding of the program, benefits to partners and end-user recipients, and establishes program participation.
- Records, manages, and generates reports related to marketing contacts and secured participation.
- Effectively communicates with Manager, Foundation Programs internship progress and key developments toward program launch. Liaises with Phone It Forward National Lead to ensure national strategies are executed.
- Arrange for pick up and drop off of donated phones and completion of Donor Agreement Forms.
- Establishes technology storage protocol to ensure tax receipts are processed accurately.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office applications and databases.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Strong Communication and advocacy skills.
- Experience working with disabilities an asset.
- Applicants will require a criminal record check prior to offer of employment.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
- Moderate travel will be required.
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact Debby.Cuninghame@cnib.ca
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.