- Assisting in promoting advocacy and accessible communities initiatives to consumers and the public using various marketing tools such as social media, community outreach, etc.
- Assisting in the recruitment of volunteers to support Advocacy and accessible community engagement initiatives
- Contacting individuals interested in advocacy initiatives to determine the type of activities, events and speakers to be organized
- Assisting with the logistics of planning and implementing various activities, workshops and events
- Tracking attendance at activities and events, and enter data in the CNIB data base
- Distributing satisfaction surveys to participants
- Helping to compile program information, evaluation data and participant testimonials
- Other duties as required that will support the development and implementation of this program, and which may include: keyboarding/data entry, sending faxes or emails, etc.
- Other duties as required
- Candidates must be blind or partially sighted in order to participate in the CNIB Internship/Returnship Program
- High School diploma
- Strong customer service skills and focus is essential
- Administrative experience or experience in not-for-profit organization an asset
- Knowledge of assistive technology an asset or willingness to learn and demonstrate various assistive devices
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong keyboarding, email & internet skills with experience with MS Office
- Flexible, open to change, a team player
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, and work collaboratively as a team
- Demonstrates mature and sensitive nature when engaged with persons with sight loss
- A positive attitude is essential, focused on total agency success and commitment to maintaining confidentiality
- Primary working location CNIB Foundation Brantford, Hamilton or Kitchener
- Willingness to work some flexible hours including occasional attendance at weekend and evening programming or events
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact Larissa.Proctor@cnib.ca
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.