Are you a job seeker who is blind or partially sighted? CNIB has an exciting internship opportunity for someone that is looking to enter the workforce.
This position entails, but is not limited to the following:
- Responsible for developing promotional materials for CNIB AB-NWT, including the Phone It Forward campaign.
- Support with community events including the development of marketing materials, signage, etc.
- Media relations, including writing news releases, feature stories and liaising with local media.
- Developing and maintaining a social media calendar to post to CNIB AB-NWT.
- Liaising with the CNIB Foundation team and Vision Loss Rehabilitation teams to prepare and write impactful client stories, web content and social media for campaigns including but not limited to World Glaucoma Week 2019 and White Cane Week 2019
- Supporting Coordinator, Communications and Community Engagement with any specifically identified projects and other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task in an organized manner
• Strong organizational skills, ability to self-direct workload
• Flexible, open to change, a team player and demonstrated ability to take initiative
• Excellent customer service skills, sound judgement and proven diplomacy in dealing with staff, volunteers, and clients
• Positive attitude focused on total agency success and commitment to maintaining confidentiality
• Computer competency in Microsoft Office; Adobe InDesign an asset
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
Experience and Education:
• College degree/diploma in communications, public relations or a related field (underway or completed);
• Communications work experience an asset;
• Excellent working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft office programs and willingness to quickly learn other software programs as required.
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact Margaret.Varty@cnib.ca
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.