Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
Assistive Technology Assessments:
- Conducts Assistive Technology workshops and assessment; able to complete comprehensive reports to identify objectives, goals, and recommendations for participants
- Monthly meetings with Sight Solutions Manager to discuss upcoming contracts for AT assessments.
Sight Solutions Department:
- To have knowledge and be an expert on the AT devices that Shop CNIB sells
- To over-see the Assistive technology devices within the Shop CNIB; ie. make sure devices are in working order, organizing and making sure the AT area is a clean and warming environment
- To organize monthly Assistive Technology material to let our participants know what is happening within CNIB
- To liaise with the AT Specialist with regards to:
- AT trainings that are hosted in-the-near future; send out details to our participants
- Coordinating the agenda for the AT trainings
- Organizing and tracking attendance for all AT trainings
- Developing AT feedback questionnaires and collecting feedback
- Providing backup for Sales Coordinator & CNIB Shop Coordinator during peak times and during breaks
- Facilitate with packaging AT equipment for re-sale
- Liaising with Sales Coordinator on AT device purchases
- Quarterly meetings with Sight Solutions Manager to discuss upcoming objectives
- Developing and producing simple accessible instructions for AT devices; basics
- Maintaining AT device brochures
- Constantly seeking information on NEW AT devices for visually impaired & blind
- Working with customers on, warranty repairs and issues for previously purchased AT devices from Shop CNIB
- Updating information for information tv video screens at the Shop CNIB
- To be a philanthropist for CNIB and provide information about CNIB services to the community
Phone-It-Forward Foundation Campaign:
- Complete knowledge of CNIB's Phone-It-Forward Campaign
- Work with the Specialist, Marketing and Communications to come up with creative ways to showcase the Phone-It-Forward Campaign
- Be able to go out to the community and speak about the initiative
- Answer Q&A questions about the Phone-It-Forward Campaign
- Identify new partnerships
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task in an organized manner
- Strong organizational skills, ability to self-direct workload
- Flexible, open to change, a team player and demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Excellent customer service skills, sound judgement and proven diplomacy in dealing with staff, volunteers, and clients.
- Positive attitude focused on total agency success and commitment to maintaining confidentiality
Experience and Education:
- Knowledge of assistive technology and daily living equipment and adaptive devices
- Minimum two years customer service experience; experience in not-for-profit an asset Excellent working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft office programs willingness to quickly learn other software programs as required
- Service may be provided in CNIB centers, individual homes and/or the community
- Willingness to travel as required
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Light lifting may be required (20 lbs.)
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact My.Hy@cnib.ca
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.