Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
- Supports and conducts Assistive Technology workshops and assessment; able to complete comprehensive reports to identify objectives, goals, and recommendations for participants
- To organize monthly Assistive Technology material to let our participants know what is happening within CNIB
- To liaise with the AT Specialist with regards to:
- AT trainings that are hosted in-the-near future; send out details to our participants Coordinating the agenda for the AT trainings
- Organizing and tracking attendance for all AT trainings
- Developing AT feedback questionnaires and collecting feedback
- Developing and producing simple accessible instructions for AT devices; basics
- Constantly seeking information on NEW AT devices for visually impaired & blind
Microsoft Office Suite:
- Collaborate with the Program Lead, Career Support and Employment to provide workshops to clients seeking to enhance their employments skills in relation to Microsoft packages such as MS word, Outlook etc.
- Support clients in the program by offering training in iPhones and iPads
- Work with the Specialist, Marketing and Communications to come up with creative ways to showcase the Phone-It-Forward Campaign
- Be able to go out to the community and speak about the initiative
- Answer Q&A questions about the Phone-It-Forward Campaign
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task in an organized manner
- Strong organizational skills, ability to self-direct workload
- Flexible, open to change, a team player and demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Excellent customer service skills, sound judgement and proven diplomacy in dealing with staff, volunteers, and clients.
- Positive attitude focused on total agency success and commitment to maintaining confidentiality
Experience and Education
- Knowledge of assistive technology and daily living equipment and adaptive devices
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft office programs willingness to quickly learn other software programs as required
- Service may be provided in CNIB centers, individual homes and/or the community
- Willingness to travel as required
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Light lifting may be required (20 lbs.)
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact Andrew.Galster@cnib.ca
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.