Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
- Serves as the first point of contact for the organization, in an exceptional mannerism with the highest level of customer service as the priority. This includes in person contact, telephone and electronic communications
- Assists in the research, planning, implementation, and evaluation of CNIB/VLRBC programs as assigned. This may include but not limited to: research, program administration and participant engagement
- Responds to inquiries regarding programs
- Assists with program content alongside the Program Leads
- Reception coverage during staff vacation peaks
- Provide general office support across various departments as needed
- Ability to refer to the appropriate CNIB/VLRBC Specialists
- Presents at community engagements and private meetings representing CNIB as required.
- Maintain the general voicemail box and forward messages to appropriate staff; record messages for info line
- Prepare public transportation concessions for clients as required
- Contact clients/participants to verify low vision appointments
- Act as back-up sales assistant for Shop CNIB as required
- Compose internal and external correspondence, proposals, and reports as required with knowledge of CNIB communication media protocol for alternate format materials
- Coordinate and plan community outreach events
- Receive general donations
- Conduct reference checks and check ins for volunteer service programs
- Carry out additional administrative tasks as assigned
- Communicate in a professional manner, both written and orally, at both internal and external levels as required
- Work both independently and collaboratively with all departments
- Interact and communicate effectively and respectively with people who are blind or partially sighted
Problem Solving/Time Frame of Impact:
- Ability to provide solutions to routine questions using creative and timely problem-solving skills
- Work under the general direction of divisional guidelines and standards but has latitude in making decisions on routine tasks
- Ability to troubleshoot and identify minor problems before elevating issues to supervisor
- Exercise judgment and tact when dealing with individuals and knowing when to elevate issues to the next level
- Commitment to maintaining privacy and confidentiality
- Consults with supervisor on issues that are more complex and require upper level approval
- Candidates must be blind or partially sighted in order to participate in the CNIB/Returnship program
- High School diploma
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task in an organized manner
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of technical aids and devices for people with vision loss is an asset.
- Demonstrate mature and sensitive nature when dealing with the needs of persons experiencing vision loss
- Proficient with technology including the use of internet, email, computers, tablets and smart phones
- Working knowledge of technical aids and devices for people with vision loss is an asset
- Must be able to work independently
- Proficient word processing skills, experience with MS Office, Excel & Outlook
- Flexible, open to change, a team player and have demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Able to work both independently and within a team environment
- Light lifting may be required (20 lbs)
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact Susan.Elsey@cnib.ca and quote the job title in the subject line
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.