The position entails, but is not limited to the following general responsibilities:
- Understands and able to provide information about CNIB services and resources.
- Flags urgent/critical situations to Supervisor or other designated staff.
- Ensures information is accurately entered into EVRR in a timely manner.
- Updates client status in EVRR.
- Maintains paper files in accordance with current policies and procedures.
- Provides administrative support to the managers and other team members.
- Responds to all inquiries, in person or via phone and directs as appropriate.
- Provides information to consumers on items in CNIB store
- Communicates information on CELA library services
- Provides administrative support to local fundraising events including gift wrap.
- Works both independently and collaboratively with the team and other departments.
Problem Solving/Time Frame of Impact
- Utilizes established business rules, service standards and practices, and ensures policy and procedures are followed in a timely fashion.
- Participates in a supportive team environment to meet the operational and team objectives.
- Works under the general direction of national/divisional guidelines and standards but has latitude in making decisions on routine tasks.
- Consults with supervisor on issues that are more complex or may require upper level approval.
- Exercises judgment and tact when dealing with individuals and demonstrates sound judgment in when to elevate issues to the next level.
- Committed to maintaining privacy and confidentiality.
- Manages interaction and information for potential and active clients who request service.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Proficient level of knowledge in the EVRR application, including the management of caseloads.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Sensitivity to the needs of persons with vision loss.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Detail-oriented, with ability to enter data accurately.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software and database management and willingness to learn new software applications.
- Knowledge of eye conditions and blindness prevention would be an asset.
- Knowledge of the psychosocial impact of vision loss would be an asset.
Experience and Education
- Minimum post-secondary education.
- 3 years working experience within an administrative function.
- Proficient typing and keyboarding skills.
- Good computer skills, use of MS Office, Internet, Email
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Working knowledge of technical aids and devices for people with vision loss is an asset
- Must be mature and responsible.
- Must be able to work independently
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact Dan.Vodon@cnib.ca
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.