• Research external best practices in training volunteers
• Complete an internal need analysis of existing resources and new resources needed
• With program lead, develop curriculum and prepare teaching materials and outlines for one or more courses for existing volunteers towards increasing performance or engagement
• Recruit volunteers for a pilot of developed materials
• With program lead, create evaluation and/or testing materials for the produced teaching materials
• Provide relief staffing for client service/reception when needed
• Complete evaluation at end of placement to provide feedback on program experience
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office software including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Customer service oriented with well-developed interpersonal skills
• Excellent administrative, time-management and organizational interpersonal skills
Experience and Education:
• Education or interest in adult education/training, volunteer engagement or human resources
• Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment.
• Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment.
• Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with Ontario legislation and regulations.
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact Susan.Cheeseman@cnib.ca
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.