• Refine the project plan, develop weekly completion targets and monitor progress and delivery
• Completing a categorized inventory of all existing board and management policies and procedures
• Coordinating the review process for policies and procedures with involvement from the relevant internal business leads and subject matter experts
• Conducting industry research and best-practice scans to inform the updating of various policies
• Editing and versioning policies and procedures to incorporate required changes and update branding and language
• Identifying gaps in policy, and drafting new policy documents to address them
• Administrative support for the project and department operations
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Strong research skills, both qualitative and quantitative
• Excellent written communication skills (applicants will be required to complete a short test)
• Commitment to accuracy and thoroughness
• Expertise in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and other MS Office products
• Proven ability to work in a collaborative team environment
• Superior interpersonal skills and professionalism
• An interest in learning about non-profit organization management and governance
• A commitment to accessibility and inclusiveness in the workplace environment and in the development of documents and resources
Experience and Education:
• Currently enrolled in a post-secondary diploma or degree program
• An academic focus in Business, Public Administration, Political Science, Governance, Health Administration, Non-Profit Studies or a related field
• This is primarily an office-based position working from CNIB's main office at Bayview Ave. and Eglinton Ave. E., with opportunity to work remotely one day per week.
• Work schedule is Monday to Friday; the working day is seven hours not including lunch and breaks
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact email@example.com
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.