• Support Phase 2 of Phone It Forward's Library partnership with the Canadian Urban Libraries Council, including communications, replenishment of materials and stewardship of Phase 1
• Secure Phone Drive locations and assist with the recruitment of volunteers where required
• Assist the Program Lead with the development of Phone Drive location models and community engagement opportunities
• Support the Phone It Forward stewardship and internal communications, including newsletters, social media, and corporate asks
• Support the internal Phone It Forward staff campaign
• Provide operational assistance to the Operations Lead with data analysis, processing and documentation
• Assist in the intake of donated phones that arrive at CNIB office locations
• Assist in the deployment of phones to CNIB offices including ordering, data retention, warranty and internal customer service.
Who you are:
• You are a positive individual who works well within a team environment
• You have excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills.
• You take initiative to keep ahead of tasks.
• You've got an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit and an aptitude for technology, specifically knowledge of accessible technology for people who are blind or partially sighted.
We want to hear from you if you have:
• Superior knowledge of Microsoft Office products
• Excellent written communication, time management and organizational skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Professional attitude and flexibility.
• Entrepreneurial mindset.
• Post-secondary education with a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience
• Sound knowledge of the not-for-profit and community services sectors
If this sounds like the role for you, send your application to us at Elizabeth.Hanna@cnib.ca Please use the subject line "Intern, Phone it Forward" . Be sure to include a resume, cover letter, and mention how you heard about this opportunity. We're excited to review your application!
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
Please note: while we invite and encourage applications from all interested and qualified applicants, we are unable to follow-up with every applicant.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.