In covering a broad range of duties this position provides administrative support to the Human Resources department as needed. This position requires a superior level of accuracy, confidentiality, sound judgment and diplomacy.
The position entails, but is not limited to the following:
- Provides general Human Resources administrative support including, but is not limited to electronic filing, drafting and editing correspondence.
- Enter and record data in the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) for payroll changes, new hires, terminations, and status changes. Produces ad hoc reports when needed.
- Conducts Internet and other research on a variety of Human Resources topics as required.
- Assists in preparing job postings for various websites and ensures that postings are accessible on cnib.ca
- Resume collecting and candidate phone screening
- Scheduling meetings and interviews
- Assisting with the development of training guides and other projects
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office software including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Customer service oriented with well developed interpersonal skills
- Excellent administrative, time-management and organizational interpersonal skills
- Experience in HRIS database entry, preferably People@Work
- Ability to work with private and confidential material
Experience and Education
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment.
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment.
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with Ontario legislation and regulations.
- General Office Environment
- Must be able to work independently.
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact email@example.com
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.