CNIB’s Lake Joseph Centre (commonly known as “Lake Joe”) is a fully accessible lakefront residential facility located in the Muskoka region of Ontario, providing a unique blend of recreation, skills training, social interaction, and personal discovery in a safe, inclusive environment. Two hours north of Toronto, Lake Joe stretches over 12.5 acres of waterfront property on the northwest corner of beautiful Lake Joseph. Staff and volunteers provide a wide range of high quality programs to people of all ages who are living with vision loss.
Working with the Guest Services Manager, the Guest Experience and Office Coordinator will support the business administration of the camp office which includes but is not limited to: guest and staff communication; registration support; financial tracking; and general office administration with a strong focus on the delivery of the best guest experience. This position works with the management team to build upon and maintain the highest service standards in all communication prior to, during and post visit. This person will aid with the full-cycle of handing of guest enquiries, complaints and feedback.
Provide high-level customer service to visitors and patrons in the form of answering phones, email correspondence and reception services.
Perform general office duties which may include, but is not limited to: data entry, filing, assisting with the registration process, sharing program information, following up with customer concerns and/or incidents.
- Process registrations for all programs by maintaining daily and weekly records of number of registrants in each program, by reviewing incoming registrations for errors or missing information and following up with registrants by phone and/or email; by processing computerized receipts, collecting fees and by entering registration data into the computer using an established procedure.
- Facilitate the transfer and formatting of all relevant registration information for use by staff in the daily operation of the programs, which includes but is not limited to: cabin lists, excursion lists and attendance.
- Assist with the execution of the Lake Joe transportation strategy.
- Assist guests in completing weekly feedback regarding on- and off-site programs.
- Oversee the operation of Tuck Shop by monitoring inventory, preparing purchase orders and restocking shop as required.
- Promote clear, friendly communication to all guests, staff and volunteers.
- Ensure P.A. and meal announcements are clear, enthusiastic and informative.
- Work with staff to make continuous improvements on the centre's communication system.
- Support and oversee the coordination of all Lake Joe bookings including confirming guest reservations, receiving payments, updating database, and preparing invoices for rental groups.
- Work with Management Team to continually build upon positive staff group dynamics.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
The duties and responsibilities outlined above are indicative of the role but are not exhaustive and may be subject to change as required.
Qualifications: (Education, Training, Experience):
- 3 years of related work experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills including: patience, empathy, communication
- Educational background in Hospitality Management or knowledge and experience working in a camp administration area an asset
- Knowledge of Camp Brain Database considered an asset
- Planning and organization and management skills.
- Demonstrated customer relations skills.
- Computer proficiency (Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Knowledge and experience in recreation programs and settings.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Ability to work in a team setting and independently.
- Must have current (within 6 months of start date) Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check.
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR “C”.
- G Class License an asset.
- Experience working with people with vision loss (children, teens and adults) is an asset.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of management practices, principles, and facilities administration.
- Ability to work flexible hours as well as standard camp hours.
- Ability to work in a changing and busy environment.
- Ability to travel when required.
- Must reside at Lake Joseph Centre during operational season.
- Must be willing to share accommodations with other staff member.
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please apply on cniblakejoe.campbrainstaff.com
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.