As a member of a team of accounting professionals who are responsible for the financial operations, the Financial Analyst will assist in preparation and analysis of financial information, coordination of operating budgets and forecasts. This position will also be responsible to provide day to day accounting support to the Vision Loss Rehabilitation, Deafblind Community Services, CNIB Foundation and the Divisional Finance Team.
Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
- Reviews and monitors the financial activities of all programs within the regional rehab, deafblind services and foundation programs, provides detailed monthly variance analysis reports to management, prepares financial information for various projects to ensure effectiveness and provides help in monitoring revenues and expenditures.
- Prepares various recurring and non-recurring government proposals and submissions, United Way funding submissions and related quarterly reports.
- Co-ordinates, plans, collects data and helps in preparing annual operational and capital budgets for all regional programs. Analyses data and prepare related reports for forecast purposes.
- Co-ordinates and process day to day activities in all areas of accounts payable, accounts receivable/invoicing/purchase orders, bank deposits, purchase cards and petty cash for the region. Monitors any local bank accounts in the districts, assists with month/year end responsibilities and any other ad hoc duties that arise.
- Works with auditors for various government programs
- Works with corporate accounting team to ensure consistent interpretation of policies and procedures.
- Work closely with the service and foundation managers, fund development and corporate accounting team to ensure smooth flow of all functions.
- Ensures timely submission of any month/year end financial information to the Finance Centre.
- Supports service, foundation and fund development staff regarding coding and all other financial matters.
- Ensures through time management and supportive team spirit that the financial objectives of the operational and administrative teams are met.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Have a proven track record of successful multitasking and providing consistent timely results.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
Experience and Education:
- Enrolled in and actively pursuing accounting designation or should have a degree or diploma in Finance/Accounting.
- Must have 3-5 years of accounting experience.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Proficiency in advanced excel, word and Accpac for Windows
- Knowledge of LHINs and other Government reports will be an asset.
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact Lorraine.Robinson@cnib.ca
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.