The Executive Assistant, Ontario North and West, will play a key role on the CNIB Ontario North and West Region Foundation team. This position will be responsible to manage the traditional administrative functions for the Executive Director, and to identify and develop process-improvements, and assist in streamlining of administration across the North and West Ontario regions.
This position requires a superior level of accuracy, confidentiality, sound judgement and diplomacy in working with staff and volunteers at all levels of the organization. The Executive Assistant provides confidential administrative support to the Executive Director, Ontario North and West Regions, the Regional Advisory Boards and associated Board Standing Committees
This is the job for you if…
- You’re driven not just to meet expectations, but to exceed them – then set even bigger goals.
- You’re an energetic leader who can build and motivate a high-performing team.
- You’re an outgoing person and a strong communicator. You can forge great relationships with all kinds of people.
- You’re creative, resourceful, collaborative and solution-oriented. Where others see problems, you see opportunities.
- Provides confidential administrative support to the Executive Director, Ontario North and West Regions, the Regional Advisory Boards and associated Board Standing Committees
- Scheduling of appointments and meetings, making travel arrangements and booking of appropriate facilities for the Executive Director, and for Board meetings
- Preparing agendas, recording, transcribing and distribution of minutes in a timely manner
- Assist in coordination of recruitment, on-boarding and orientation of new Board members
- Maintenance of files and documentation for Board leadership Volunteers and Board procedures
- Assist in coordination of schedules and calendars, and coordinate travel and hotel bookings for the Executive Director and associated Board members as required
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director for property management
- Coordinate Visa and expense reports and approvals for direct reports to the Executive Director
- Review and approve payroll and time off requests for Executive Director direct reports
- Coordinate reports as requested
- Assist in agenda setting and coordination of monthly Staff meetings
- Working with the CNIB Ontario communications team, assist the Executive Director and associated Boards in internal and external communication execution
- Research support as required
- Assist the Executive Director in utilizing data reports from Salesforce, for both funding applications, and outcome reporting
Engaging strong community relationships:
- You will support the Executive Director in developing and stewarding effective partnerships with community organizations, funding agencies, individual and corporate donors, volunteers and others to help advance our mission in the community.
- You will proactively encourage and refer program participants to take advantage of other CNIB programs and services that may benefit them, offering them opportunities to expand their support network and deepen their community engagement
- Supports the development and stewardship of a culture of philanthropy among Board and Committee Members
- Supports the Ontario West Region Executive Director and the Board Chair in coordinating their external agenda and drafting potential funder correspondence
- Supports Regional philanthropy efforts through providing logistical support to community events and fundraising initiatives as determined by the Executive Director
- The duties and responsibilities outlined above are indicative of the role, but aren’t exhaustive and may be subject to change as required.
What do you bring to the table?
- Excellent customer service expertise
- A detail oriented approach to all you do
- Working knowledge and understanding of the roles, responsibilities and procedures of a Regional Board
- Proven track record of success in an executive support role
- Advanced proficiency in all Microsoft Office, and web-based applications
- Proficiency in working with various database customer relations management (CRM) software applications like Raisers Edge or Salesforce
- Excellent organizational and planning skills to coordinate large volumes of materials and work to concurrent and/or conflicting deadlines
- Highly flexible and able to respond to new tasks
- Strong verbal and written communication and superior interpersonal skills. Portrays the appropriate professional image
- Knowledge of Accessibility Standards and best practices is an asset
- Good relationship/team builder and networking skills with a variety of stakeholder
Experience and Education
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field
- 3 - 5 years of experience in administration, executive support, customer service, and service delivery within a charity/not-for-profit organization or equivalent experience as deemed suitable by CNIB.
- Experience working with Board and Leadership Volunteers
- Personal or professional experience relating to blindness and vision loss is considered an asset
- Willingness to work flexible hours including attendance at some weekend or evening meetings/functions
- Willingness to work from various locations including some home-based opportunities
- Some local and Regional travel will be required
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact Karen.Parr@cnib.ca
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.