• Promote client awareness of community services, connect clients/ participants with CNIB Foundation/ VLR services / DBCS and assist customers purchase assistive devices.
• Use consultative skills of questioning and active listening to effectively understand and support caller’s queries.
• Use internal and external knowledge sources to resolve caller requests, in a professional, timely and accurate manner.
• Responsible for outbound calls which may include, but not limited to; all services/ programs, Donor calls and calls to resolve issues related to products or services.
• Independently assists customers by telephone and email with inquiries, disputes, and/or complaints through inbound and outbound channels.
• Responds quickly and accurately to external client inquiries and provides complete information.
• Ensures privacy and system security is held to the highest standard.
• Meets or exceeds Contact Centre KPI targets, including Call Quality scores.
• Receives and uses feedback to demonstrate growth in the position.
• Understands and follows all company policies and procedures. Maintains accuracy, data integrity, productivity and quality standards as established by management.
• Learn and use multiple systems simultaneously
• Resolve problems, handle conflict, and make effective decisions under pressure. Must handle novel and diverse work problems on a daily basis.
• Identify and resolve critical issues and assess their impact on others and the organization
• Maintain awareness of all CNIB services, developments and changes.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Experienced in developing relationships with customers.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and positive attitude.
• Detailed oriented with excellent time management and organization skills.
• Professional written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to multitask between high volumes of inquiries from varying mediums in an efficient manner.
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Accpac, Raiser’s Edge, EVRR, VSMART and similar applications is an asset.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and online resources.
Experience and Education:
• College Diploma or University degree preferred.
• Minimum 2 years’ in relevant customer service field.
• Oral and written fluency in English and French is a must.
• Previous Contact Center, including outbound calling experience.
• Work flexible hours; Monday to Friday between 8:00am – 7:30pm Eastern Time zone which are subject to change.
• Work with minimal supervision.
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact Jeff.Dies@cnib.ca
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.