Community Hubs and program operations:
- assist with coordination of operational, administrative and logistical responsibilities for the Ontario North & West team
- assist with onboarding and orientation processes for new staff and internship members to the team
- facilitate Community Hub operations and best practice documentation, coordination and implementation
- support internal and external team program communications
- facilitate establishment of agenda, coordination of guest speakers, minute taking, and coordination of monthly Staff meetings
- support team reporting requirements
- facilitate Community Hub and team resource procurement
- support team expense reconciliation support team training initiatives
- You will ensure understanding of, and compliance with, all CNIB's policies and procedures
- You will champion CNIB's high standards of client and customer service, ensuring they are universally understood by staff and volunteers, and continuously upheld across all aspects of local operations
Knowledge Skills & Requirements
- Excellent customer service expertise
- A detail-oriented approach to all you do
- Proven track record of success in an administrative support role
- Advanced proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Proficiency in working with various database customer relations management software applications like Salesforce or Raisers Edge
- Excellent organizational and planning skills to coordinate large volumes of materials and work to concurrent and/or conflicting deadlines
- Highly flexible and able to respond to new tasks
- Strong verbal and written communication and superior interpersonal skills. Portrays the appropriate professional image
- Knowledge of Accessibility Standards and best practices is an asset
- Good relationship/team builder and networking skills with a variety of stakeholders
Experience and Education
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field
- 3 - 5 years of experience in administration, executive support, customer service, and service delivery within a charity/not-for-profit organization or equivalent experience as deemed suitable by CNIB
- Volunteer engagement experience
- Personal or professional experience relating to blindness and vision loss is considered an asset
- Willingness to work flexible hours including occasional attendance at weekend and evening programming or events
- Some local and Regional travel will be required
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact HR.ON-North-West@CNIB.ca
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.