Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
- Retain and manage relationships with donors, sponsors, volunteers, service clubs, and other key internal and external stakeholders
- Manage third party event relationships and grow third party event portfolio in your region
- Execute the flawless delivery of signature events in your region (ex: Dining in the Dark, Ale in the Dark)
- Achieve specific revenue and retention goals, development plans, cultivation of events, budgets, timelines and logistics
- Provides ongoing reporting on philanthropy activities against the targets set.
- Assists with researching potential community grants and the preparation of grant applications
- Oversees the provincial social media accounts for the philanthropy department
- Supports the Senior Manager in overseeing and facilitating stewardship events within Alberta and British Columbia
- In conjunction with the Volunteer Coordinators recruit, manage, retain and develop a network of volunteers, individuals, groups and companies to help deliver on targets and objectives.
- Identify new donors and develop relationships with existing donors
- In conjunction with the Philanthropy team manage the recognition and stewardship of donors and all gifts received in a timely manner.
- Ensure appropriate administration of donor and event information in the donor database and, where appropriate, supply reports and analyses to the Senior Manager, Philanthropy.
- Participate in team meetings to qualify, coordinate and prioritize community engagement opportunities.
- Process expenses and event reports in a timely manner.
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- 3+ years’ experience in event coordination, non-profit fundraising, or equivalent experience
- Experience working in a diverse environment with staff, volunteers, donors, sponsors, suppliers, etc.
- Experience with volunteer management, and soliciting sponsorships and/or donations
- Experience working with databases required, preferably fundraising software
- Regular access to a vehicle required
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Experience in the non-profit sector is an asset
- Strong event management skills
- Thoroughness, timeliness, flexibility and an ability to juggle priorities and meet deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications as well as other software applications such as CRM (familiarity with Raiser’s Edge software a plus)
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Willingness to travel
- An acceptable criminal record check will be required prior to offer of employment
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact email@example.com
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.