- Maintain a positive culture of patient-centered care – working with the team to understand the program goals and objectives
- patient intake, tests and screening as per program guidelines
- Support the planning and delivery of the required ophthalmological training for the Eye Van team and ongoing learning opportunities
- Support the process requests for information and coordinate responses with the manager
- Monitor and review patient charts, program forms, and ensure compliance for the program
- Assist the team with the development and fostering of an inclusive, empowered culture where every team member – staff, ophthalmologists and volunteers – feels their contributions towards our mission are equally valued and respected
- Participate in the planning of the annual Eye Van schedule
- Assist with the scheduling and communications with ophthalmologists
- Compile and analyze program statistics and referral rates
- Review clinical operations and recommend the revision or creation of processes related to patient care for review with the General Manager and CNIB Eye Van Medical Advisory Committee
- Research standards related to patient care, the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP), and best practice guidelines
- Organize required pharmaceutical requirements for clinical operations and support requests for product donations
- Maintain inventories for medical supplies, general supplies, and equipment
- Work on the Eye Van periodically to provide on-the-job training, vacation relief or other support as needed
- Support the coordination and engagement of community health care providers, the diabetes education partnership, and assist with the requests from medical and resident students
- Encourage Eye Van staff, ophthalmologists and stakeholders to promote and refer patients to Vision Loss Rehabilitation services and CNIB Foundations programs
- Participate on Eye Van committees, with
- promotional events, and attend meetings and conferences as required
- A diploma or degree in health care related field
- Work experience in a health care environment
- Experience in nursing, optometry, ophthalmology, or other health care field within a health care environment
- Good working knowledge of relevant computer applications
- Leading through influence an asset
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact email@example.com
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.