Reporting to the Program Lead, Home Based Support, this position will assist with the planning, implementation and evaluation of home-based support programs including the Vision Mate Program.
This position requires excellent customer service skills, sound judgment and diplomacy in dealing with staff, volunteers, and clients.
The position entails, but is not limited to the following general responsibilities:
- Provides overall coordination to onboard volunteers.
- Maintains and manages a database/tracking system of volunteer activity including capturing program statistics.
- Provides support to participants and volunteers on a regular basis.
- Meets with participants to assess eligibility for Home Based Support Programs.
- Speaks at public and private meetings representing the CNIB.
- Participates as a fully integrated member of the GTA Foundation team with regular travel within the GTA.
- Ability to refer to the appropriate CNIB/VLRO Specialists.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Proven knowledge and skills in volunteer management and social services an asset.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated relationship management skills for individuals, groups, partners and organizations.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills to develop and deliver presentations.
- Experience with training and development of volunteers an asset.
- Proven leadership skills an asset.
- Proven coaching skills an asset.
- Creative and innovative problem-solving skills.
- Detail-oriented, highly organized.
- Experience multi-project and time management skills an asset.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software and database management. Must be mature and responsible.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to travel independently within the region via public transit or car (taxi, Uber etc.)
Experience and Education
- High School diploma.
- Enrollment in, or certificate from Volunteer Management Certificate or Social Service Worker Diploma from accredited program an asset.
- Experience in comparable position within a non-profit, voluntary organization an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication and public speaking skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent multi-project and time management, and computer skills.
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Occasional travel within the region
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact email@example.com
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.