Are you a job seeker who is blind or partially sighted? CNIB has an exciting internship or returnship opportunity for someone that is looking to enter or re-enter the workforce. A "returnship" is for someone who has work experience that is looking to re-enter the workforce.
Reporting to the Program Lead, Recreation, Sport and Accessible Community Engagement, this position will assist with office administrative duties, as well as the planning, implementation and evaluation of support/recreation, community engagement, and technology programs for children, youth, adults and seniors who have vision loss. This position is a 1-year contract at 21 hours per week.
Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
- Assist in supporting various programs; including the planning, implementation and evaluation of technology related programs and events. This includes, but is not limited to program administration, participant engagement and logistics.
- Organize and facilitate training workshops over the phone and in-person in one on one and group settings.
- Welcomes and greets people coming into the CNIB Foundation Hub, offering appropriate assistance as required
- Provides information to the public and those with vision loss regarding CNIB services and programs – by phone or in person
- Promotes participation in CNIB Foundation Programs
- Assists with participant intake and referral process, including data into CNIB Salesforce data-base for appropriate follow-up
- Provides administrative support to Foundation Team by tracking and entering attendance in CNIB data base, tracking volunteer hours
- Assists with demonstration of products, and tracks product sales, completing store documents
- Responds to on-line or in-person enquiries regarding local volunteer opportunities and programs.
- Maintains communications resource inventory, ensuring pamphlets, brochures and other handouts are available
- Maintains records of actions including individuals spoken to in-person or by telephone
- Other duties as required
- Candidates must be blind or partially sighted in order to participate in the CNIB Internship/Returnship Program
- High School diploma
- Excellent customer service skills, sound judgment and diplomacy in dealing with staff, volunteers, and clients.
- Administrative experience or experience in not-for-profit organization an asset
- Knowledge of assistive technology an asset or willingness to learn and demonstrate various assistive devices
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong keyboarding, email & internet skills with experience with MS Office
- Flexible, open to change, a team player
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, and work collaboratively as a team
- Demonstrates mature and sensitive nature when engaged with persons with sight loss
- A positive attitude is essential, focused on total agency success and commitment to maintaining confidentiality
- Working primarily from the Barrie CNIB Foundation office
- Willingness to work some flexible hours including occasional attendance at weekend and evening programming or events
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact Lucia.Ricardo@cnib.ca
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.