- Welcomes and greets people coming into the CNIB Foundation Hub, offering appropriate assistance as required
- Provides information to the public and those with vision loss regarding CNIB services and programs – by phone or in person
- Builds strong, positive relationships with program participants, and seeks insight into their unique needs, goals and lived experiences.
- Through referral and outreach, proactively encourage program participants to take advantage of other CNIB programs and services that may benefit them, offering them opportunities to expand their support network and deepen their community engagement.
- Assists with participant intake and referral process, including data management in CNIB’s Salesforce data-base for appropriate follow-up
- Assists with program delivery
- Provides administrative support to Foundation Team by tracking and entering attendance in the CNIB data base, tracking volunteer hours, completing weekly store documents, etc.
- Assists with demonstration of products, and tracks product sales
- Responds to on-line or in-person enquiries regarding local volunteer opportunities
- Maintains communications resource inventory, ensuring pamphlets, brochures and other handouts are available
- Maintains records of actions including individuals spoken to in-person or by telephone
- Other duties as required
- Candidates must be blind or partially sighted in order to participate in the CNIB Internship/Returnship Program
- High School diploma
- Strong customer service skills and focus is essential
- Administrative experience or experience in not-for-profit organization an asset
- Knowledge of assistive technology an asset or willingness to learn and demonstrate various assistive devices
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong keyboarding, email & internet skills with experience with MS Office
- Flexible, open to change, a team player
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, and work collaboratively as a team
- Demonstrates mature and sensitive nature when engaged with persons with sight loss
- A positive attitude is essential, focused on total agency success and commitment to maintaining confidentiality
- Willingness to work some flexible hours including occasional attendance at weekend and evening programming or events
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact Karen.Parr@cnib.ca
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.