Under the direction of the Executive Director:
- Supports CNIB Newfoundland and Labrador Philanthropy's commitment to implementing a diversified fundraising strategy
- Researches, brainstorms, provides input on, implements new fundraising / revenue generation concepts, ideas and plans.
- Prepares fundraising proposals and grant requests.
- Participates in regular community and corporate outreach activity in support of the Philanthropy mandate.
- Participates in general and regular fund development prospecting and initiative implementation focusing on diverse corporate, organizational and individual target groups.
- Promotes and supports third party and volunteer-driven fund development initiatives and event activity.
- Event activity will include recruiting and empowering volunteer event champions, corporate sponsorship solicitation, assisting with ticket sales, securing auction items, creating and managing RSVP lists, creating and updating critical paths, handling mail outs and database management.
- Updates Raiser's Edge database to capture fundraising activity to ensure data integrity and produces standardized reports and database extractions; ensures all donor information provided is accurately entered into the database following privacy legislation protocols and within standard turn-around times per initiative.
- Responsible for fundraising administration including donation processing, day-to-day management of NL Philanthropy budget forecast, preparing monthly financial reports, Raiser's Edge donor data base management, general donor stewardship activity and donor enquiries.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and theories
- Excellent written communications and oral presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; comfortable conversing with a variety of people in different situations
- Knowledge of privacy legislation and able to conduct business in accordance with the CFRE/AFP/CAGP code of ethics
- Well organized with excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as an integral part of a team
- Professional attitude, self-starter, and flexible
- Resourceful, results oriented with a positive attitude
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and relevant donor management software (familiarity with Raiser's Edge is an asset)
Experience and Education:
- Post-secondary education in marketing, communications, public relations, fundraising, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in fundraising including general community-based fundraising efforts, proposal writing/grant requests, fundraising campaigns events, including third party event activity and general fundraising administration.
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Willingness to travel
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.