- Work with volunteer committee and CNIB staff in Sudbury to complete the planning of an annual golf tournament and execute the event itself. Steward participants and sponsors after the tournament.
- Work closely with CNIB staff and members of the Muskoka community to organize and execute second annual glow in the dark golf. Summarize the event and lessons learned and report them back to the Associate Director, Philanthropy
- Work with volunteer committee and CNIB staff to execute two Night Steps events in Sudbury and Barrie. Both are established events and focus will be placed on growing participation and sponsorship. Conduct event summary and report back to the Associate Director, Philanthropy.
- Coordinate other ad-hoc event related activities and requests
- Work with local service clubs
- Work with TeamRaiser and Raisers Edge systems.
- Participate in team meetings to qualify, coordinate and prioritize community engagement opportunities.
- Process expenses and event reports in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication skills; comfortable conversing with a variety of people in different situations
- Excellent written communication and oral presentation skills
- Comfortable working in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Thoroughness, timeliness, flexibility and an ability to juggle priorities and meet deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications as well as other software applications such as CRM (familiarity with Raiser’s Edge software a plus)
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to develop and maintain positive, productive relationships with senior volunteers
- Resourceful, results-oriented with a positive, "can do" attitude
- Willingness to work flexible hours; some evening and weekend work is required
- Willingness to travel
- Desire to be a passionate advocate for CNIB and those we serve
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact Monika.Fox@cnib.ca
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.