- Welcomes and greets people coming into the CNIB office, helping as required.
- Provides information to the public and those with vision loss regarding CNIB services and programs – by phone or in person.
- Promotes participation in CNIB Foundation Programs.
- Assists with client referral process and entry of data into CNIB data base.
- Provides administrative support to Foundation Team by tracking and entering attendance in CNIB data base, tracking volunteer hours, completing weekly store documents.
- Assists with demonstration of products, and tracks product sales
- Responds to on-line or in-person enquiries regarding local volunteer opportunities.
- Maintains and ensures a good supply of pamphlets, brochures and other handouts are available.
- Maintain records of actions including individuals spoken to in-person or by telephone.
- Other duties as required, may include: keyboarding/data entry, sending faxes or emails, tidy and/or restock area.
- Candidates must be blind or partially sighted to participate in the CNIB Internship/Returnship Program
- Strong customer service skills and focus is essential
- Knowledge of assistive technology an asset or willingness to learn and demonstrate various assistive devices
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Flexible, open to change, a team player and have demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Demonstrates mature and sensitive nature when engaged with persons with sight loss
- Positive attitude focused on total agency success and commitment to maintaining confidentiality
Education and Experience
- High School diploma
- Administrative experience or experience in not-for-profit organization an asset
- Strong word processing skills; experience with MS Office
Closing Date for Applications:
September 21, 2018
Please Send the Application To: email@example.com and quote the job title in the subject line
Please send cover letter and resume,and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.